Wednesday, October 22, 2008

still running

SO this running kick is taking off, funny I know, kick...taking off HA I KILL ME! Anyways, I have been slowly increasing these runs hopefully getting to a 10K level, if not some 5k races, although it is getting colder so they will be some cold races, especially since there are few weekends left and most of the races take place at 8 in the morning! Not to keen on the getting up so early on a Saturday but oh well a lot of people do it and make it worth-wile. When I was running before I only did 2 races and they were signed up for another one which was a half-marathon. I think it is that whole adrenalin things that I get going, it just starts you want to go and go. The only thing I don't care about yet are my times, and I am sure that again will come, but right now, when I don't need a certain time to qualify for anything I don't especially care. I don't even care that my first ever race I came in 11th in my age group, which there were 11 other men in my age group...which tells you something, but you know, I run for myself and I don't have a team I am running for. Someday I will run that marathon...someday, maybe not next year, maybe not the year after, well hopefully the year after...maybe even next year...Hartford Marathon here I come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl!

seriously go.

ba - dum -cha! i'll be here all week.