Sunday, October 19, 2008

back to running...and hurting...

So here I am and it's October and I need to wile my time away, but alas I don't know how to. I could get dressed and go to the gym, but really is the gym the best place to go? I mean someone once told me they couldn't stand a treadmill or people that run on it, and really it makes sense. The treadmill is one of these pieces of exercise equipment that someone in Alaska invented. Someone that really just wanted to run in place, like we always did in gym class. Anyway I really don't like the treadmill and I want to ask people on them, hey where are you going? Seriously, if you are going to run, why not run outside, at least there is air, a destination, and sometimes an occasional spectator (see April's blog about running in my neighborhood.) Well so I decided two days ago to start running again, and I embarked on a journey, got my route and went expecting to run about half of it, throw up in the middle and walk home a shorter way. I actually ran the whole way, and man did my legs hurt after. Now when I say run I mean a weird pseudo-run where I a jogging. So the next day I stretched and went out again, this time hopping to run just a tad more, and I did. I ended up running 3 miles, and it was a nice 3 miles, I really wanted too run a little more but knew I needed to stop, damn adrenalin. Soon maybe I will find a 5K again and start doing some of those even though my time will be slow I will finish them and then work on some speed!

No comments: