Thursday, October 30, 2008

getting myself lost and almost hit (a few times)

So while out on my jaunt today I thought I knew where I was going, well I had a rough idea of where I was going to go. Unfortunately I took the wrong bridge to cross the tracks and I ended up far away from where I wanted to be and I ended up in a neighborhood called Van Nest. I mean it wasn't actually such a bad neighborhood, looks like mine, although that isn't too hard, all the houses around here look roughly the same. Also while on my run I need to run by many intersections, and of course since I am in NYC there are a lot of cabs, but these aren't the yellow cabs of Manhattan no these are car service cabs...and these cars FLY, I am talking 40+ on these little side streets and more then once on my run today a few of them flew to the end of road where more then likely they were going to pause and then run the intersection, but I was there to almost get hit and have them stop short...stupid drivers.
So While on my run today I thought I would try out my new Nike + thingy that tracks your time and distance and pace and you can upload it to the website and join the largest running community blah blah blah...the only thing is you need to buy these shoes and I honestly do not like running in Nike's, or I was told I should run in Nike or whatever. Anyways I think I might try because I just put the sensor thing in my shoe and now my ankle hurts, and I think this thing is cool to track all those things and I can see how I am doing on my runs and what not.
My other thing I have been fighting with is whether or not to sign up for this half-marathon, I mean it is 13 or so miles...you know ONLY 13 or so miles, but still its a goal and I think I can achieve this goal. I signed up for one before and was all ready to run that one, and I ran and ran and ran and got myself all ready, then we had to move that day...stupid moving.

No comments: