Saturday, October 25, 2008

race number one...Race to the Finish...ugh

So the first of my races (3rd ever) I must say this was the WORST. I am not a professional runner, I am not an amateur runner, I am still a beginner, but the other two races I have run have not been as bad. This race as you will see in the picture was straight for a little over 2 miles, seriously, I am enjoying running, but I would like a turn, or a little bit of a hill or a little bit of a downhill??? PLEASE!!! I digress, I finished the race NOT LAST! and I felt good afterwards. I must say, running races for a team was never my forte but running for myself has been great and now I have a time (yes it was 42:10) to go from, so I can improve from there, run some more races and when registration for the Hartford Marathon opens up, I will be registering! I know a 5K at 3.1 miles is a little different then a Marathon at 26.3 miles or whatever, I think if i have a year to train, I think I can do it! I believe in myself, and I am going to sign up and do it! Way to go me!

No comments: