Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wakame Salad

I love posting new stuff I love, I guess this isn't technically "new" for me, but I only learned about it and started loving it within the last year. It is seaweed salad. I have always loved Seaweed when it is used in sushi, and apparently it is really healthy. So I found out I liked it at a friend's wedding where she had sushi, and seaweed or Wakame Salad. So I tried some and loved it and found a recipe and made it and LOVE IT! Also it is super easy to make:

Wakame Salad
3.75 dried Wakame (found in the "Asian" section of Whole Foods)
3 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
1 tsp sugar
red pepper flakes
sesame seeds


Cover the wakame with about 2 inches (over the Wakame) of hot tap water and let it sit until most of the water absorbed (3 min or so.) Drain the wakame and squeeze excess water out with a paper towel.

In separate bowl mix next four ingredients until sugar is dissolved.

Add dressing to Wakame and toss, when ready to serve add sesame seeds and red pepper flakes to taste.

YUM!

No comments: