Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back to being Primal...day 8

Hey fellow Internet web blog readers. Haven't written a post in a while and thought I would update how my little part of the world is going in this the year 2012! Well I didn't run the NYC marathon as I thought...again...and I think I am giving up hopes of doing it. I think I would like to focus on some shorter running races and maybe a tough guy challenge. As far as the paleo thing goes I was eating rather "loosely" over the summer avoiding as much pasta as I could, unfortunately my laziness got to me and I ate one too many sausage egg and cheese mcmuffins :(. So I gave myself from thanksgiving until new years day to eat basically whatever I felt I needed in order to get it out of my system. I ate anything the hell I wanted, but of course since learning that food is good when I cook it, or when a really great restaurant cooks it I know it's good, so all in all not a terrible stint, but I digress.

As of new years day I have been following Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint 21 day total body transformation, and so far so good. I have been following the diet part the most diligently and have been going for walks every day with Ivy sometime throwing in a sprint or going to the park where there are wooded trails so Ivy can go off leash and I can walk up some hills. Today I tried yoga, for the first time in a while. Now I like yoga, have been attempting it off and on for the better of 10 years or so,maybe even before whenever I started I had a tape of it. So the yoga class today had me attempting handstands and headstands...not quite my level and I didn't feel relaxed after, gotta find a new instructor.

Alright so you may ask why I went back paleo/primal and why wasn't I happy eating what I wanted to. Well I will tell you this. I was feeling like crap. I was eating crap, felt like crap, and my clothes were starting to shrink...JK, I was getting fat. So I figured most of it was the gluten in my diet. So far my gut feels a lot better and my waste has been a lot better! So I am going to stick with it.

Well my plan is to stick with it until my birthday so that is two months, but I am taking one week off while we are in key west, but as much as possible I will stick with the diet...no bread/pasta anyways. Sugar on the other hand...that's another story. So we shall see, I just want my shirts to feel comfortable again.

No comments: