Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Swimming in Maine in May


Spring in Maine can be a little difficult to explain. Sometimes it is the greatest time of the year, but most of the time, it is not. Spring usually consists of months of rain, and whatever remaining snow there might be, and because of the apparent heavy flow of snow this winter, there is still some left, but this never discourages me from jumping in a lake this time of year. I would rather do it on that great holiday Patriot's Day (not to be confused with Patriot Day a.k.a. Sept 11). Since only Maine and Massachusetts celebrates Patriot's Day, I didn't swim that day. This year I went on Saturday, May 3rd with some other crazies from Camp Mechuwana. It was suppose to be a big thing and others were going to jump in, but alas it wasn't. The water wasn't that bad, but it was pretty darn cold. We did take a short video of our "jump" into spring. Oh and I didn't mention that it was raining, not down pouring, just a light rain, but still enough to get you wet...although that didn't matter since I was wet already.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Andy, if you go onto my Facebook page you can copy and share the photo of you after your big jump in the lake - I don't know how to add it to your blog or I would do it myself. Sorry it didn't turn into a bigger event...I really wanted to go down to the lake to cheer you on!

Beth