Sunday, May 18, 2008

Brewery NYC Style



Yesterday was another leg of a Brewery Tour in the Northeast. I love beer and I love Microbrewed beer. I must say I was never fond of Brooklyn Brewery Beer, but my mind was changed yesterday when I went to the Brewery and went on the free "tour," and by tour I mean listening to a guy talk about beer, very disappointed about the fact that I DID NOT get to taste any of the beer for free, what is this???? I did have to pay $20 for 6 beers that I split with Jeremy. I recommend the Weiss and the Brooklyn Blast! The Brooklyn Blast was delicious and it was 8.5% alcohol really hoppy and delightful. While I was at the Brewery I was reminded of the bet between the Harpoon Brewery in Boston and the Brooklyn Brewery in NYC. The bet was that whosever team won the superbowl (Pats or the Giants) the losing team would have to put a tap of the winning teams in their brew pub. Here is the whole story so that it makes a little more sense. Anyway we all know the end of the story Giants won and so the Harpoon Brewery had a keg of the Brooklyn Lager. Well it was a really fun place, big beer hall lots of long tables, people playing cards (which led me to decide to always keep a deck of cards in my bag.)

No comments: