Wednesday, May 14, 2008

NYC...stupid buses




I love my job and all, and I love NYC don't get me wrong but the MTA (subways, buses, etc.) could be a little better. So my commute is long and I know it's long, it is about an hour and a half between walking, subways and buses. To be exact I take three different subways and one bus. The picture above is the distance between the subway in Brooklyn and my school. Usually there is a bus that I take to get there, but there has been a slight glitch (maybe) in the scheduling the last two days because I have arrived at the bus, and there has been no bus. There has been no bus and lots of people waiting, usually more people then could safely fit on one of these buses...they can fit it is just one of those things where if the bus was in an accident...no everyone would survive, sad but true. So anyway, I pay my $82 a month and take my subways and buses, but seriously I would like a nice bus waiting for me when I get to the subway station, it is a lot to ask but whatever. So my point, I have started to walk this mile to school, and its a quick walk (about 15 min) the sad part of my walk is that the bus usually shows up at the school just about the same time I do. It is kind of sad that I could either wait that time or do what I have been doing and walk. It's great though because I am getting that exercise I need.

No comments: