Monday, February 27, 2012

A break while on vacation...or not


So as I said when I started this Primal Journey at the beginning of this year I was going to do this until my birthday with a short break while on vacation in Key West.  Well funny thing about breaks, they don't work or they don't do a body good.  While in Key West I was going to treat myself to some bread and butter, potatoes, some rice, maybe even a beer or 10.  So here is what happened when I ate that piece of bread for breakfast - it did my body bad, all day I was in a crappy mood, my stomach hurt and well I will leave it at that. I didn't even feel like having a few drinks at night.  I really just wanted to go back to the room and fall asleep and wish the pain away.  So I said okay, no bread.  I did have potatoes and some fried Conch fritters too so maybe it could have been that as well.  Anyways, the rest of the trip I stuck with salads or some kind of grilled protein (or raw protein - yummy fresh Oysters) and the veggies.  A few nights I had some rice, that was okay, one place had rice I couldn't taste because it was so salty, so I didn't eat it.  By the end of the week we had made friends with another couple who was staying at our guest house, and I think it was a combination of being lazy and not doing my usual body weight exercises and also the price of meals, but by wednesday we were only eating one meal a day and it happened to be at night.  I know that I was staying up late, partying the night away falling asleep sometime around 3am but still, one meal a week.  As I have been reading Mark Sisson's book The Primal Blueprint I read about the Intermittent Fasting and adding it a few days here and there.  I think it is time I try it a little more then just the one day.  Maybe I will do one full day, and maybe add from there see how I do.  I did come back from vacation a little lighter and a little more tan so all is not lost!  I also came back with possible Achilles Tendinitis as well, from what I don't quite know, but if I need more testing I soon will find out!

No comments: