Monday, October 22, 2012

Political time of year...have we all gone crazy?

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!"

I can't think of an election year when I feel more and more compelled to say that.  I am not one to really talk politics with people just because they think that as a gay man I should be voting one way.  Well it ain't true.  I look at issues, I look at candidates and I look at the playing field.  This year there is a candidate who actually makes sense his policies are right out there in line with the "we the people" and "ALL men are created equal."  He speaks on issues that would affect a wide variety of people not just the upper class, the lower class, the middle class, the class-less.  He has a plan that I believe in and I believe it would actually bring REAL change to this country.  He speaks with facts and figures and not just rhetoric.  His policy would affect EVERYONE, and this is what needs to be done, affect EVERYONE not just some.  This candidate believe you should be able to marry WHO EVER you want.  He believes that marijuana should be declared legal and taxed and regulated like cigarettes and alcohol.  He would also pardon those "criminals" who have been detained for possession of this that same thing.  There is only one problem with this candidate.  He isn't part of the "two party" system.  He isn't mainsteam, although he was the governor of a state and not only turned the budget around but made a surplus, which has now been squandered.  His name is Gary Johnson and he makes sense.  He isn't pandering to corporations, he isn't a friend of Wall Street.  I've never met the guy but I read a heck of a lot about him and have heard some of his speeches he has given on the internet.  He just wants people to have the personal freedom they deserve and it makes sense.  It's about time someone stood up to these quacks in DC including the current president and said HELLO??? Who are you working for??? YOURSELF, CORPORATIONS OR AMERICA?  It's also time to stop mentioning the bible in every speech given.  This nation was founded on the principles of free speech, free religion, free press.  There should be NO mention of god anywhere because NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN a god, the god or multiple gods.  We are a civil society and I feel like the congress and senate have been acting more like a Kindergarten class gone out of control.  Get with the program people and get along, you make us look bad when you can't get simple things done.

Vote Gary Johnson...it won't take votes away from anyone since the people don't elect the president anyway, but it may send a message that we are sick of just a choice of two and the two are the same piles of crap.

No comments: