Friday, November 19, 2010

Weight Loss journey on the EDGE Revolution

My Weight Loss Journey with the Revolution: Before, During, and Hopefully After

My name is Andy White, I have always been a large guy, I wanted to set out and change that. I have always been honest with myself, and have found within the last few months, I was not. I decided the diets in the past haven’t worked and it was time for a change.
Since I graduated high school I have tried diets and diets galore, South Beach, Weight Watchers, Body for Life, Vegetarianism, Veganism, you name it I looked it up and tried it. I would always lose a little weight and then go back to the way I was, eating whatever I wanted. The weight came back time and time again. Never being an athletic person one day while sitting in a hotel room in Ohio with a piece of Coconut cream pie on my fat gut I realized what I had done to myself. I had made myself gross and fat. I stepped on the scale when I got home and realized I had weighed 235 pounds!! When did this happen; I asked myself? So I decided I was going to run, and try to run I did. I didn’t get very far. I decided to run a 5k race and signed up for one a few months down the line. I did it but still had only lost about 10 pounds. I decided I liked running so much I was going to do a Half Marathon, I would be a fat half-marathoner, and so I did one, and another and another. In one year I ran 3 half marathons, and numerous 5 k and one 5 miler! After an injury and cold weather I stopped running, and stopped dieting and stopped caring again. I gained the weight back and was hovering around 226 for a few months. This is when I got scared into losing weight by someone.
My partner is a nag sometimes, lose weight, go to the gym, you know typical spouse stuff, but this someone else was the one who had never said this to me: My Doctor. I went in for a physical exam so I can adopt a baby, after initial blood work came back she said I was obese, high risk for heart disease, diabetes, and borderline blood pressure and she said something to me that ticked me off, “if you can’t take care of yourself, how are you going to take care of someone else?” It is true, so I did something about I started diet and exercise. In about 6 weeks I lowered my cholesterol and blood pressure and dropped about 18 pounds! I wanted to do more though; I was hitting a plateau and I wanted to be at least at the weight my first license: 175. So I joined the revolution and have seen great results!
Over the past 8 weeks I have been disciplined with my eating, making sure I get my exercise in everyday, even when I am traveling, and I am sleeping better, waking up better and have so much more energy. The nutrition aspect of it is something I will carry with me for maybe the rest of my life. I am so glad I had this journey and I am kind of sad that this revolution is coming to an end, but I can always do it again! So here I am on the last day of a program I was reluctant to start but am glad I finished, I am being told I look HOT, and am being told I don’t even look like the person who started this program. I am glad I am no longer that guy sitting in a hotel room with a slice of sugar filled evil coconut cream pie on my fat gut. I feel better, I look better, and I am performing better! I am glad I had this journey and I am glad I had support along the way!

No comments: