Monday, June 23, 2008

6 Degrees of Me or The Human Facebook

So I have been posting blogs of things I have done on a weekend or a vacation or the whatnot, but a not-so-new idea has come to my head and it is pretty practical in these high gas price days, I am talking about ride-share or car-pooling. So I have been posting ads on Craigslist to share a ride whenever I go to Boston for class but with no lick no one sane (or did not read my ad close enough) responded to my ad to either come with me to Boston or back to NYC. Again I posted an ad on Craigslist and it was a little more vague (I guess) and I had a few more responses. I know I can be wordy and long-winded in my writing, but I like LOTS of details, just so there are few questions. I weeded through the three or four responses and picked the best suited one for a ride share and what do you know GOOD PICK! Now before I start with my ride-share story I will say this, I know of LOTS of people (it seems,) and I almost always can find a connection to most people a whole lot of the time. Well this guy comes meets us up in the Bronx and we start talking, you know the small talk where yah from, what do you do for work, blah blah blah. So it turns out he is from NH...okay a nice New England guy, turns out he knows where Lewiston, ME is (he looked at Bates College,) okay fine lots of people look at Bates College right, but he didn't go (don't blame him,) and for the final coincidence, he went to a college where two (or more maybe) of my cousin's friends went to college, and he knows them. Alright so in this city of 7 million +/- I get the guy who knows people I know, and then he calls me the Human Facebook...hence the title of the blog in a weird long round-about way. AMAZING!

No comments: